Friday, September 28, 2012

Lush Celestial Review

A bit of background on my skin.  Highly allergic, prone to breakouts, red, and extremely parched.  Over the past couple of years I have been on a search to find what many call their "hg products" or rather holy grail.  Much like the real holy grail I found mine to be elusive.  Until I discovered LUSH.  

As you know I generally don't get into all the pretty packaging and such unless there is something I find particularly good or bad.  I am more concerned with does the item do the job.  LUSH's packaging is basic.  I do have to say though at first glance I find the look of their packaging off putting.  But it's merely a visual thing.  I've traveled numerous times and the product stayed where it was meant to, inside the packaging.




I prefer natural products but my highly sensitive skin sometimes doesn't react well with certain herbs and botanicals.  Enter Celestial.  It is a highly moisturizing cream.  For the first time in years my skin is calm.  It has helped pull moisture into the skin which has plumped my skin which minimizes the look of wrinkles and creasing around my eyes.  I use it morning and night and I find my skin is moisturized throughout the day.  My skin hurt all the time and was always red and angry.  Living in the desert, many times I would take my makeup off at night to find my skin tight and flaky.  It now has a dewy finish to it.  The scent took some getting used to as it is a bit cloying but I am very scent particular and didn't find it to be obnoxious.  It smells to me like vanilla pudding.  Using it both morning and night one tub has lasted me about 2 months so a little goes a long way. With ingredients like cocoa butter, dove orchid, almond oil and milk, and vanilla water it's a bit like desert for your face.

LUSH describes it as follows:  "Redness. Stinging. Irritation. Sound familiar? Having sensitive skin can be incredibly frustrating (even painful!), which is why we invented our most gentle moisturizer, Celestial. With its creamy cocoa butter base, Celestial effectively moisturizes without irritating ingredients like citrus oils or alcohol. We blend vanilla water, to help the skin retain its moisture, with hydrating almond milk and fresh dove orchid extract to keep delicate skin in soft, glowing condition. Celestial also doubles as a fantastically softening night cream for all skin types."

I can honestly say I feel as if it changing my skin for the better.  HG status!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...