Monday, May 7, 2012

My First Magazine Feature!

Today is a very, VERY special day for me.  I've been holding in a secret for about a month or so.  I didn't want to say anything until I saw it with my very own eyes.  And today when I opened my mailbox.  I saw IT.  My very first magazine feature!!

About a month or so ago I was contacted by the editor of Birds and Blooms magazine.  She told me she loved my little hummingbird nest ring and wanted to feature it in editors picks.  I was floored for so many reasons.  This is the ONLY magazine I read.  My mother bought me a subscription for my birthday years ago and I adore it.  I could not help but think she whispered in the editors ear.  She had passed away only weeks before I was contacted. 




This was the special hummingbird issue and hummingbirds are so special to me.  Some of you might remember when I had the honor of saving one of these little guys.  To this day that remains such an incredibly special moment in my life.  You may also recall my frequent grumblings about how much I hate the AZ desert.  But the one thing I have, hummingbirds.  I have learned to pick up their little chirps just about everywhere I go and I can turn and spot a teeny tiny flyer high in a tree above.  




I cannot express how grateful I am to have been chosen.  With tears welling in my eyes and a grin on my face I can happily say this is the best day I've had in a very long time.  Thank you to Stacy Tornio editor of Birds and Blooms for choosing me.  I feel so blessed.  

Click on the nest to see my available nest offerings:






8 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fabulous exciting awesome news! What an honor, and so great to have the featured item be related to hummingbirds! Congrats!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

    My blog: http://allpatchedupquilts.blogspot.com/

    My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllPatchedUpQuilts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Bonnie! This is SO fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It's like it was meant to be for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will say it again and again. I feel humbled and blessed. I finally feel true validation in my journey as if I am finally on the right path.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...