Friday, April 13, 2012

From the Workbench

The long overdue drilling of sea glass has commenced.  I now have a drill press and diamond bits.  It's important to drill under water so the heat doesn't cause the glass to break.  About 3/4 of the way through you need to flip the glass over. If you try to drill straight through it will blow the glass out on the other side creating an ugly mess.  Ultimately I want to be able to create bezels but that requires a whole new set of tools and skills.  Someday.
















6 comments:

  1. Your new pieces look gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. I am now waiting in great anticipation for my next hunt. I cannot wait to get back to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! I have recently worked on a bunch of sea glass creations for some local shops in my area. I used up all my found sea glass from last year. Time to hit the beach and find some more.
    Thank yo for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Having great tools is always so much fun when you're creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, but especially love the turquoise one! So beautiful!

    my blog: http://allpatchedupquilts.blogspot.com/

    my Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllPatchedUpQuilts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...