Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Coffee Scrub

This is a super simple at home recipe.  Everyone has their own way of doing it.  I prefer to use used grinds for a couple of reasons.  One it is a great way to reuse your grinds instead of throwing them out and two it softens the grinds.  They will still be abrasive but much more gentle so that you are not scratching your skin.



I like to make only one use when I am doing DIY recipes because I like them to be fresh.

4 cups finely ground freshly used coffee grinds-I use Cafe Altura organic.  Remember this is your body so I like to use natural products.
A half teaspoon of cinnamon.  It smells lovely but cinnamon also helps with circulation.
Oil-you can use just about any type jojoba, avocado, apricot, almond.  It's really personal preference.  I use Alba Botanical Kukui nut oil.  I love the oil and the fragrance so there is no need to add a scent.  I don't measure as I've found different types of coffee absorb differently.  You essentially want to use just enough so that it holds the coffee together like a paste.  You don't want to turn it into a liquid.
If you prefer, a couple drops of an essential oil.

I actually mix this in the container I am using so none of it is wasted as it will tend to cling to the container due to the oil.  Simply mix together and voila.  I will warn you this is terribly messy and you will spend quite some time cleaning the shower but your skin will be nice and soft. 


Don't want the mess?  My most favorite to use is brown rice.  Same recipe but instead use about a half cup of brown rice.  Put in a burr grinder until it's finely ground and follow the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...