Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Quick and Healthy Treat

OK ok it's not 100% healthy but when you are craving something really decadent this is a great substitute.  I eat pretty healthy so my taste buds think it's delicious.  And it takes but a minute to make.

You'll need:
peanut butter
1 rice cake
Hershey's Magic Shell

I personally use:
Lundberg organic brown rice cakes
Maranatha organic no stir crunchy peanut butter
Hershey Shell chocolate




Put peanut butter on your rice cake however much you desire and put in on a plate.  Top with your shell topping and pop it in the freezer for about 5 minutes or however long it takes to harden the topping.  You only want it to be just that long and no longer.  You don't want to make the rice cake harden.  And voila!  A pretty darn healthy treat especially if you were eying candy bars or worse!



6 comments:

  1. Yum! I love this snack! I usually use chocolate chips in place of the hershey's shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh looks yummy. By hubby bought a ton of those bland rice cakes that I didn't know what to do with. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kind've stunned at how good it tastes. I'm not sure if it's super yummy or I'm super deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gawd, this is such a fine treat for comforting depressed people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Itin it's so funny you say that as that is exactly when I came up with it. I had to be very careful because I could make a ton of them and eat them all! I find it's a great fix for chocolate cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really delicious! I think I may have to give it a try

    ~Mo
    www.mokekumileicreations.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...