Sunday, March 25, 2012

From The Workbench

This is the newest project I've been working on.  I've really been struggling to find motivation this month.  Sales are virtually non existent probably due to tax time.  And I recently lost my mother.  I needed to try my hand at something new and this is what I came up with. 

I had made my own prototypes months back.  I always try my items first to make sure everything holds up as it should and nothing is sticking or poking me.  I really hope these do well because I think these earrings look great and I will be able to offer them in different colors.

Since sterling silver prices continue to be sky high I wanted to keep this 20 gauge solid sterling for the perfect project.  I myself strangely don't wear earrings that often, but when I do this is more my style.  These big beautiful bangles are 20 gauge solid sterling silver with high quality faceted glass crystal.  The crystals shine with greens, yellows and a bit of purple.   Like many of my items I feel they are better in person.  I will have these listed along with another pair in aqua in the coming week.












6 comments:

  1. I think these are lovely, and I am sure business will pick up once all the tax returns come in. Keep your chin up and Happy Creating!

    ~Mo
    www.mokekumileicreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mo! That's actually what my morning coffee cup says "keep your chin up". It has a big bunny and then the little bunny is on the shoulders of the big bunny pulling him up by his ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Major events like that can certainly through off our drive and creativity. Also, sometimes we're just empty. Taking time off to rest and refuel is an essential part of the creative process. I'm glad you found a project that inspired you (they're beautiful!), but if the ideas and the energy are slow in coming, direct your efforts elsewhere and soon enough you'll have your drive back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Colleen! Yes I have found myself just "empty" like you noted. As time goes on it is getting worse. Though I lived very far from my mom I talked to her daily. I never got to see her as she forbid it. Everyone deals with death differently. So it had been over a year since I saw her last. At first it was like she was on vacation or something and as time sets in you begin to realize she isn't coming back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
    LOOOOOVE the colour of these earrings. The style is great too!
    -Nicole
    Knit, Nicole, Knit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...