Saturday, November 26, 2011

Seaglass Pieces

Here is my newest seaglass design.  I try very hard to create pieces that don't cause me to have to drill the seaglass.  I have quite a few pieces awaiting new homes but I know I will have to drill them and that has kept me from creating.  For some it is inevitable as they are oddly shaped or small.  The only other option is silver smithing which I have a great interest in but that will come in time when I am able to dedicate the money and time needed for a new craft.  

This piece is extremely large.  I created a spiral bezel to hold the glass and then tightly wrapped the cap portion.  This is going to be a prototype so to speak as I need to be sure that the piece will hold properly.  I know that I could wrap additional wire around the piece but I don't want to take away from the beauty of the glass.











4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I love the photos with the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pendant! It's probably the most elegant piece of seaglass jewelry I've seen. And, the photos of it are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Sonya that is such a wonderful compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, love the spiral design,
    just thinking that you can change the color of the glass, simply gorgeous
    follow me if you like me :)
    inveiglefair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...