Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's For Dinner?

Well I love food.  Good food that is.  And I have a great appreciation for it.  One of my favorite easy to make meals is steak pinwheels.

What you need:
flank steak (the bigger cut the better because it is an uneven shape)
cheese - I like goats mozzarella soft or hard
raw spinach leaves washed.  I take the stalks off.
toothpicks

Preheat your oven to 350.  Lay your flank steak on a cutting board and lightly salt the meat.  Use a meat tenderizer to hammer the meat into submission and also to even it out if it not the same thickness throughout.  Cut the steak longways.  As you get to the end your pieces will be shorter which just means smaller pinwheels.  Lay spinach and cheese on the whole length of your steak.  Use plenty of spinach as it will shrink a lot when it cooks.  And tightly roll your strip of steak into a pinwheel shape.  Secure on each side with a toothpick.  Cook at 350.  I cook for approximately 30 minutes.  Use discretion depending on how thick your cut of meat is and how you prefer it to be cooked.  Some people prefer it to look very neat with everything tucked in but I prefer to let it just all hang out. 

Here are the pinwheels ready for cooking.  I sprinkled them with baby bella mushrooms and topped with a bit more cheese.





1 comment:

  1. You're making me hungry! I'll be they are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...