Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Take Time

I have been feeling completely overwhelmed as of late.  Life's stresses has me in a tizzy.  At times I forget to slow down and smell the roses so to speak.  I've been running around like a whirlwind.  Sometimes it takes a near breakdown for me to suddenly snap out of it and take at the bare minimum a fifteen minute break.  Not a break where I sit on the couch and try to relax where I really do nothing but stew over my worries.  But an actual moment where I can be completely present.  That moment happened this morning when I went outside to discover a family of mushrooms had popped up.  I admired how the dew glistened in the grass like little diamonds.  In the desert photo opportunities such as as these as far and far between.  I grabbed my fuzz girls, a towel and my camera.  I spent the next twenty minutes laying in the wet grass, insects buzzing in my ears and the sun beating down on me.  But I enjoyed every minute of it.  This is what we saw.  

Be sure to click on the photos for full detail. Please do not use my images without my permission.  Thank you.








































9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to have such a peaceful time this morning. It's so nice to rest and take in all of the beautiful nature around us. These pictures are beautiful! I love the dew drops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photographs! I wanted to take pictures of a mushroom patch in front of my development, but the mower came along and cut it down before I had the chance. *tear*

    -:¦:- WW: Black-Eyed Susan -:¦:-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jennifer! It was well worth taking the twenty minutes to breathe and try to center myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some amazing photos there! Nature is a great stress reliever with it's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree lilgreen. Nature is where I find my peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just fantastic! Especially love the water droplets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I love that type of mushroom--we had some in our yard earlier this year. They're called "shaggy mane" mushrooms. Whatever camera you're using takes fabulous macro photos! I'm glad this helped you center yourself in the present, at least for the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Colleen! I was so excited to see them. I had never seen mushrooms in the desert. I used to see them back home in RI all the time. I'd often wake up to little mushroom gardens. I adore taking macro photos. It's like seeing another world! I have a cannon powershot sx20is. I'd love to have a dslr someday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...