Sunday, August 21, 2011

For the Fairy Folk

Fairies are something I have been enamored with since my dear sister Jennifer (now past) appeared to me in a dream as a fairy.  It was a reminder to me not to lose my child like essence.  When I was young I could easily be lost in my own world of make believe.  Born to a mother who has the same disease as me I spent much of my time alone in my room or outside in our yard.  I had quite the imagination and could entertain myself for hours with nothing more than my mind.  As an adult, constantly being reminded of our responsibilities we can lose the carefree imaginations we once had. 






8 years ago I strapped on my first pair of fairy wings.  I felt a freeness I hadn't felt since I was a child.  I ran about the forest a grown adult with glittery wings sprouting from my back.  My wings didn't last long.  They were torn in storage and were quickly destroyed.  Ever since I have had an an ache inside to be a fairy again.  But what reason did I have?  I have nowhere to go.  Being a fairy can get pricey.  I would simply window shop online.  But when I came across Eve Reddin also known as Fairynana on Etsy my heart skipped a beat.  I sat frozen staring into the screen at her beautiful creations.  I started to dream about being a fairy again and decided even if I have to go to the store dressed as one I needed it.  After a heart wrenching divorce causing me start over financially from scratch, a job loss (1.5 years and counting), and a terrible bout with my disease it was time.  Halloween is coming up and that is the perfect chance to be a kid again.






I didn't know anything about Eve when I contacted her, simply that I adored her fairy items.  She shared with me that she had read my bio and we both shared auto immune disease.  I had no idea that I was about to be befriended by a true Fairy Godmother.  Eve Reddin is one of the kindest souls I have come across in all my years.  I was so incredibly touched by her kindness.  It is amazing how profound an impact a person could have on ones life when you've never even met in in person.  







Plagued by her own illness Eve helps to keep hope alive for those in need.  Funds made by the sale of her items go towards granting fairy wishes for critically ill children.  Below is a video that tells her story.


 


Eve sells fairy costumes, dance wear, party supplies and all kinds of goodies.  Please help support Eve and her labor of love!  


Fairy Nana Land can be found at:


http://www.etsy.com/shop/fairynana
http://www.fairynanaland.com/

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, simply beautiful. "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Peter Pan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, Eve!
    The shop is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Made my day, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is really beautiful and touchy, thanks for sharing such inspirational story.

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everyone is liking it. She is truly a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wondrously whimsical post! Her shop already owns a sliver of my heart. Her costumes are magnificent, and it's lovely that she donates a portion of her sales.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...