Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Team Lean On Me and Magpie's Trick

My friend Kit shared some of the lovely creations from my team, Team Lean On Me.  After getting all but crucified more then a handful of times on the open boards on Etsy I felt it was a need for the community.  I had quite a few people who had messaged me not only stunned and horrified at the things that were said to me over innocent postings but terrified to post themselves.  I myself really had a genuine need to find other like minded individuals like myself.  What I found that most of these types were too scared to share.  Those that did were very cautious with their words for fear of backlash.  When Etsy created teams to replace the old forums many didn't like the idea, myself included.  Hey I was always one of the last kids picked to be on any teams.  I am not what you would call a "team player".  After awhile I gave in and tried the team thing.  The createability team for individuals with disabilities was very supportive.  But for the most part I found either there were tumbleweeds blowing through or the teams were very cliquey.  You could post and no one would even respond.  It was like "mic check, is this thing on?", not welcoming!  I wanted to create a place where people would be supportive of one another and could voice their thoughts without fear.  Etsy is a big place and while a select few do exceedingly well many of us struggle.  And there is more to life then Etsy.  We are real people with real lives and real problems.  I wanted to create an online family.  I have been absolutely blessed to find a genuinely kind, caring, supportive bunch of amazing people.  And I am so happy that we all have a home.  

Kit and her husband Derek are Magpie's Trick.  Please check out their Etsy shop and read the blog post here:


Luminous - Moonstone and Sterling Silver Heart Necklace



Their Etsy Shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MagpiesTrick

And for those who are interested in joining Team Lean On Me:
http://www.etsy.com/teams/8757/lean-on-me

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, thank you so much for your kind words, but more importantly THANK YOU for creating Team Lean On Me. On the days when life seems to be driving along at a relentless pace and leaving me behind, I can always go to our happy little team to have the smile put back on my face. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...